Things You Need to Know Before You Buy a Tiny Home
The number one complaint of tiny home owners is the poor quality of construction as well as fit and finish. Before you pay anyone to build your tiny home it’s critical that you make sure they’re properly licensed, knowledgeable and experienced. Remember, in most states building tiny homes is not a regulated industry. At Tiny Decisions, we are properly licensed and we’ve built over 50 tiny homes. We build our homes to the highest standard of mandated home building codes including framing, electrical and plumbing. Our homes are built to last just as long as a normal house.
Because most home builders aren’t properly licensed or have enough experience most home warranty companies won’t insure them. Because of our building experience and expertise ALL of our homes come with a full 5 YEAR WARRANTY from the highest rated home warranty company American Home Shield. Additionally, we warranty the construction of our tiny homes against any sort of construction defect for up to 3 years. Before you think about building a tiny home from anyone else, ask them if they offer a home warranty and a warranty against construction defects.
Customer Tiny Home Plans
Most tiny home builders give you a choice of less than 10 home plans to choose from. At Tiny Decisions we can turn your tiny home plan from a napkin to reality in a matter of weeks from start to finish without breaking a sweat.
What You Are Not Getting
Most tiny home builders just build out a “shell” which means you have to finish it on your own. This means you are responsible for painting inside and outside, purchasing and installing all of your appliances, flooring and plumbing fixtures, just to name a few things. At Tiny Decisions ALL of our tiny homes come fully complete with these standard features:
- Upgraded Stove, Microwave and Refrigerator
- Upgraded Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinets and Counter Tops
- Upgraded Kitchen and Bathroom Fixtures
- Upgraded Floor Coverings
- Premium 12 Gallon Tankless Water Heater
- Upgraded Shower & Toilet
- 125 Amp Electrical Panel
- Cedar Shingle Wall Siding and Upgraded Fiber Cement Siding Primed & Painted in Your Choice of Colors
- Pressure Treated Timber Floor System
- Double Vapor Barriers and Full Insulation in Walls, Floors and Ceilings
- 25 Year Composite Roof with 30lbs Felt Room Underlayment with Drip Caps
- Exterior Facia, Soffit, and Trim (windows, corners and doors) primed off white
- Steel Entrance Door with Double-Paned Windows
- Double-Paned Windows Throughout
Because most tiny home builders are inexperienced they don’t qualify to offer real financing options from lenders and banks. At Tiny Decisions, we are one of the few builders in the United States that offer easy qualifying 100% financing on approved credit. So, save your cash and use your money to buy land instead!
In-House Financing Options
- 50% down due to start building your tiny home
- 40% due when the exterior is finished
- 10% due when your tiny home is ready for delivery
- Total estimated time from beginning to finished tiny home is 4 to 6 weeks.